The following article is one of a series of articles which focus on Self Improvement, Motivation and Empowerment. It is based on research done over twenty years as a personal and business coach. This self improvement article was written in response to questions which have been asked on losing weight and long term weight loss as well as address common challenges that people have with this subject. I sincerely hope that you find the following
information of value.
Discover The Benefits Of Exercising
Health experts encourage us to include exercise as a necessary part of our daily routine to promote our general well- being. Together with healthy and balanced diet, adequate rest and relaxation, exercise is recommended to promote optimal health.
People who are usually inactive can improve their health and well-being by becoming even moderately active on a regular basis.
Physical activity need not be strenuous to achieve significant health benefits.
Greater health benefits can be achieved by increasing the amount (duration, frequency, or intensity) of physical activity.
There are many benefits of exercise, not only as an aid in effective fat/ weight loss, but also in reducing our risks of developing or dying from some of the leading causes of illness and death. Here is a general overview of what exercise can do for us.
1. Exercise reduces our risks of dying prematurely.
2. Exercise reduces our risks of dying from heart diseases, cancers (including uterine, colon, and breast), stroke, diabetes and arthritis.
3. Help us lose weight, especially fat weight by decreasing our Body Mass Index (BMI), reducing our total cholesterol and reducing the circulating levels of triglycerides in our blood and increasing our metabolic rate. Perhaps this is why active people can “Eat anything and not gain weight.” and why other folks “Gain weight just by looking at food.”!
4. Exercise improves the functioning of our Immune System as well as blood and oxygen circulation for our vital organs.
When it comes to the subject of self improvement, I fully understand (through my own experiences) that it is a lot easier said than done. However, you are here, right now, because you have a desire to improve your self or you are at least interested in this subject. Perhaps you are reading this to help a friend or colleague – great. If this article helps you or you help a friend, paying it forward is what lif’e all about so we all win.
5. Exercise increases our insulin sensitivity to prevent against type 2 diabetes.
6. Exercise increases our energy and endurance level.
7. Exercise slows down aging by improving our physical, mental, emotional and psychological well- being.
8. Exercise reduces our risk of developing many bones and joints diseases or disorders.
9. Exercise even helps in enhancing creativity and imagination. It is also linked with improved mental vigor, including reaction time, acuity, and math skills.
10. Exercise helps in providing physical and mental rejuvenation, making us feel good about ourselves and thus improve our esteem and confidence.
11. Exercising improves mood and due to the chemicals it releases in the brain called endorphins, it gives you an overall feeling of well-being. This is the same chemical that being in love or eating chocolate induces!
12. Exercise will help you sleep better. Just be sure not to exercise too close to your bedtime if you exercise at night, because it may keep you awake. If you need to exercise within a few hours of going to bed, make sure it’s only a brisk walk. Experts say you should allow yourself about three hours between exercise and going to bed.
So get off that couch and start moving. Remember, the time and effort that you put in exercising today may spell your health and well- being tomorrow.
NOW is the time!
O.K. you have read the article. Now is the time for action. Without action, this article adds no value whatsoever to your self improvement. But remember, without action, you cannot blame this self improvement article or any article for that matter. So, take action NOW.
Even if only one piece of advice, one piece of information, one tip makes a difference, then the whole article has been worth it for all of us. NOW is the time!
Be the person you want to be, you deserve it!